Friday, March 20, 2009

What To Wear

Happy Friday Lovelies!!! Today is the first day of Spring, and I am so excited. Spring is my favorite season! It starts to warm up outside, but it doesn't get too hot like the Summers down South. Plus its the perfect time for dress shopping. Here are a suggestions for Spring!


Floral is so in for Spring (aren't they always lol), and the colors of this dress are lovely and feminine for any skin tone. If the v is too low, a black cami (I would personally do a blue or pink one) can be added to conceal the boobies. :-) The beautiful chiffon fabric makes this great for a wedding or even Easter. You know how we tend to get all dolled up for Easter!

I really appreciate the silhouette of this dress. The cap sleeve is great for any shoulder type; it is especially flattering for those of you with broad shoulders who avoid wearing sleeveless things for that reason. This deep coral color is beautiful and very popular right now, and the full skirt is so flattering. This dress style gives anyone an hourglass silhouette (of which I am always aiming for with my clothes)!

I love this dress for three reasons: The black on top and white on bottom is a play on the usual black on bottom white on top look usually done on color blocked or two piece inspired dresses; I love tailored clothes because they hold me in well and aid in the hourglass silhouette I love; finally this a perfect dress to wear to the work as it begins too warm up. You can add a blazer, scarf (preferably floral or maybe animal print), to make the dress more professional, yet you won't burn up from the heat.


The maxi dress is so hot for Spring! This jade green is so beautiful, and the woven details are just fabulous! I love maxi dresses because I can just throw them on easily for a variety of events (depending on the pattern and fabric). Plus, with the maxi dress you never have to worry about your dress being to short (an issue I have sometime being kinda tall). Gold gladiator sandals would look great with this dress!



I love the eclectic feel of this chiffon maxi dress! It is a floral print, but not a straightforward maxi with he exact same consistent print. The darkness of this dress (navy) makes it something that can be worn once Fall comes back around with maybe some booties and a sweater. This would be great for a wedding and reception that may last a bit later than day time; it can be worn with cute flat sandals or a really cute sandal with hints of metallic (like maybe gold or silver studs).
Ok, I simply LOVE this dress!! It is speaking to me in so many ways; I am trying to figure out how to get it in my budget! lol Though it is spring, a black dress is still a necessary part of the wardrobe. It is so structured yet feminine, perfect for my hips! lol it has a subtle v-neck, which I love, and I appreciate the short sleeve as opposed to it being sleeveless (the way black dresses are usually made in spring). This dress would be great for the office, dinner with friends, church, or anything you want to go to and look and feel fierce!


























No comments:

Post a Comment