Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Don't Play With My Money!!!

So today, I am going about my workday, and I decided to check my bank account online. Low and behold, there were three charges on there that I had not made a store! I was furious!!! Not only were those charges there, but they left me broke until the next payday!!! I know in my Sista2Sista class (a class at my church for young women ages 18-35) we are talking about being slow to wrath and knowing the power of the tongue, but let me say I was MAD!!! So I am sitting in the class, fuming, waiting for the bell to ring, so that I can go on a conference period and call the bank. The messages from class were the furthest thing from my mind, but this was my first test for the week. I was so ready to go off on the customer service lady for the bank and the retailer (they were messing with my money! lol)! But, you know what, when you are trying to walk in God's will, He has a way of changing you even when you don't want to change in that moment. Do you know I called the bank and by the time the lady came to the phone, I was calm as can be, and politely said, "yes, I see somethings on my account that I do not remember purchasing recently." I totally wanted to yell and fuss and make a big deal of these issues, but is amazing how God knows my heart is for Him now, and knew just how to calm me and give me the words to say! Though I am disappointed by the situation and a bit upset with the retailer for their lack of professionalism and timeliness, I have the peace of God. I am no longer fuming, know God will take care of me, and can't help but smile at how God has changed me in a beautiful way. Let me just say, a year or so ago, I would have yelled at that lady, maybe called her a name or two, made sure I spoke with her manager, and wouldn't have hung up until they refunded me that money (even if it wasn't the bank's fault) lol!!!!

I know sometimes, we have tempers, sharp tongues, and stubborn attitudes, but God can really remove these negative attributes. Even when you don't want to hold your tongue or be slow to wrath, God has a way of making this very thing possible! When God sees that we have a heart for him and are thirsting for Him, He is pleased and works things out (even our tongues and tempers) even when we may not ask him to. God totally loves His stubborn children (like me)! :-)

La Vie, L'Amour, Etre Heureux
(Live, Love, Be Happy)

2 comments:

  1. So true, Quelle- I have been in a position to really cut up on some folks in the past week or so...but I know that my purpose involves a drama-free life! It feels great when you let things/circumstances have no effect on your attitude...Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, this must be the week for something or someone to trigger that inner you (that can go off on somebody, lol)! I know life won't always be drama free, but I am thankful that God has a way of easing the drama out of my life and giving me a better way to respond to things that are a reflection of Him!!! You are welcome for the inspiration, but it didn't come from me!! Thanks for being my first commenter, you know I'm new to this blogging thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete