Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Love Is In The Air!

So one of my favorite girlies got engaged over the weekend, and I am so elated for her and hubby-to-be! This got me to thinking...I must admit, a few years ago (even last year) I might not have been as enthused as I am today about the love others had. I hadn't yet embraced the beauty of the love God places in the lives of many! I know alot of ladies in our 20's are obsessed with the ideas of love (which is not the fairytale we dream about). On Facebok, I'm always reading the statuses of friends and associates talking about, hey can't find a man or their need for a boyfriend or date (not passing judgement chicas). :-) Truth is, though romantic love is beautiful and God given, your life should not be centered around whether or not you have a an. Jesus is the best boyfriend/husband we could ever have!! Plus, I find that when we get real love in our lives, we sometimes run from it, look for character flaws, or come p with materialistic excuses on why "He ain't the ONE!" LOL. (I too have been guilty of this lovelies).

Love is hard work; it is patient, kind, forgiving, and so on ( y'all know the Bible verse). Sometimes, God doesn't bring us the man He desires for our life, because we don't have the ability to be all of those things just yet. Take your time of singledom to grow in God, enjoy life, and work on YOU! When you are least expecting it and aren't walking around looking for a man, God will plop him right in your face! Furthermore, when you focus on God and strive to live in His will everyday,He will hear your prayers for a man and send you the ma He knows will compliment you and meets all of your standards, which I think we need to set higher (but that's another post, LOL); or He will mold that man in your life, who might not be acting right,into the man He would have to be for you! God is that freakin' awesome!

I know its Spring and summer is coming, which often means alot of weddings are coming up, and I don't want you ladies getting down in the romance dumps just because your turn hasn't come. Instead get yourself a fab dress (maybe a printed maxi or a little black dress (LBD), a fierce pair of shoes (some peep-toe booties or gladiator style 4 or 5-inch heels), and celebrate the beautiful love God has placed in the lives of others!

La Vie, L'Amour, Etre Heureux
(Live, Le, Be Happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment