Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Passing My Test

So, I just registered for a teacher certification test (English Language Arts & Reading 8-12), and it is like 2.5 weeks!!! That is totally not enough time to prepare for a major standardized exam, especially being that I graduated form college 2 years ago and most of my work since then has been fashion/retail related. So y'all pray for me (cause I am freaking out a bit, lol). I know my stuff when it comes to literature; I already know what books I want to have students read and the ways I want to engage them in reading and literature. However, some of the questions on the practice exam I downloaded, left me a bit puzzled or wondering if I am really able to pass my test. So, I go to the library and check out all of the TExES study books I can find trying to study for this test, and God says to me, "Are you studying for my test?" Truth be told, God is testing us all the time; the trials and tribulations we face are not just for fun or the devil trying to hurt us. Sometimes God allows things to happen to us to see how we respond. I have to be real honest, I am not as well prepared for God's test as I should be. To prepare for the test of God, we need to read the word, pray, and attend church services and groups that will implant the word of God so that we can use it in daily life. I have to be real; I am not where I should be in preparing for my test (which is probably why I fail sometimes). But God is so wonderful; He gives me a chance to redeem myself with another test. Plus those test often force me to study His word and talk to Him, which is all that He really wants anyway! Preparing for God's test doesn't necessarily mean spending an hour reading God's word everyday (though that is an eventual goal of mine), but I am finding that making a bit more time than I used to is a great help. God appreciates the time we spend with Him, and through this time He blesses us with the tools to face life on Earth head on, and past the test of life with flying colors! In studying for spiritual test, I have found that I am better prepared for Earthly test too. I know that God has given me knowledge to pass my test in a few weeks, and I have faith in his ability to help me pass this test (through calming my anxiety or helping me recall things from my education to answer the test questions correctly). Test come to try our faith, and just like we study for test for school or work, we (myself included) need to study for God's test as well. He gives us all of the tools to succeed in life (on ever level), we just have to take the initiative to use the tools (His word, church, conversation with Him) and apply them!

La Vie, L'Amour, Etre Heureux
(Live, Love, Be Happy)

P.S. Sorry for be so many days without a posting; I have been working overnight this week and sleeping all day, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment