Thursday, April 30, 2009

In The Morning

Sometimes, it is so easy to get down, sad, or disappointed about the things happening or not happening in my life, but it always seems that after a bit of time feeling this way, I remember that light must come after darkness!  With the economy in the dumps, job losses everywhere, relationship issues, and so on, I know some of you may feel this way too at times.  I have to remind myself that God won't forsake me, and you know what?  He doesn't allow me to stay down for long!  When I feel down I do a few things that always make me feel better (aside from praying and going to church):

1) Do my nails (I love nail polish and all of its colors, and when I am down I usually go for more vibrant colors)
2) Listen to music and shake what my momma gave me in my long mirror, LOL
3) Dress up!  (my favorite one!)

For me personally, on days when subbing isn't consistent, things simply aren't right, or I'm feeling down, I put on a cute dress or some jeans and cute tee or shirt, and a pair of 4-5" stilettos, even if all I am doing is running an errand or visiting my mom and her co-workers at work!  I simply feel fabulous and much better after doing so.  These things do not substitute the amazing feeling and empowerment God gives, but I find them to be a tool God allows as a little pick me up.  I've come to realize that though I may feel down or my circumstances are bad, doesn't mean I have to stay in that frame of mind.  But to be honest, it wasn't until I started really trying to build my relationship with God (a daily journey), that I have been able to see the sun shining on the other side of my darkness, long before it even begins to rise!  So today lovelies, I just want to remind you that the sun is beaming, even if you can't see it right now or at difficult times.  All we have to do is look up to see the sunshine!

Live, Love, Be Happy!

Quelle

No comments:

Post a Comment