Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Change Gon' Come ( I love that song!)

As I was ride around town, going to my various destinations (work, store, etc.), I see places , particularly clubs and bars, that I used to go to.  Seeing those places, I often smile thinking, "I haven't been there in ages or I remember when that used to be So and So, ( i.e. T-town, an old Houston club); good times!!"  LOL.  I gotta admit, hitting the club with friends used to be one of my favorite things to do (though even then, I didn't go out every weekend) because I love to dance!  I used to enjoy getting attention from guys (mostly when I was having insecurities ore self-esteem issues) but most of all I loved being on the dance floor shaking what my momma gave me LOL.  Truth be told, though I enjoyed those times, they are no longer of interest to me.  Since getting real about my relationship with God, I really don't do or want to do the things I used to.  If I were to remain the same, doing the same things, there would be no evidence of God working in me!  Don't get me wrong lovelies, I am far from perfect and make mistakes all of the times.  For example, I really try not to curse (I used to curse like a sailor and loved it), but sometimes I slip up, especially when I'm very angry.  But God is so amazing because I bring my slip-ups and mistakes to him, and He forgives me!  Even better, He helps me to work on those things!!  When you're walking with God, change has to come, but don't be afraid of it.  Embrace the change He is bringing out in you, because it is only for your good.  And honeys, don't worry about who leaves you as your changes occur, because that's God's way of weeding people out of your life anyway!!

Smooches,

Quelle

No comments:

Post a Comment