Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Few Books




Church Folk by Andrea Bowen
 
I recently discovered this author (apparently I'm a little late) while reading the Essence book list for the March issue, and I just love her books!  I don't want to give you any details, but lets just say this book explores how those in the church aren't always the most Godly!  It has a juicy plot that keeps you reading, but has strong spiritual and scriptural grounds.

Holy Ghost Corner by Andrea Bowen




Do You and Fabulosity by Russell and Kimora Simmons 
 
Though I could do without the cussing, these are very good books about being the only thing you can be, yourself!  Do you, give steps that can help you become a success in any business, but more importantly succeed in life.  I really like how Russell Simmonsencompasses yoga and meditation as means of finding inner peace which aids in succeeding through life (I think yoga is wonderful way and time to talk to God).  Fabulosity, is similar to Do You, just with lots more glam!  Kimora gives great ideas on how to brand yourself, give yourself a makeover, and love your inner goddess.  These are two great reads that can help get you going in the path you desire to follow (as long as its in God's will of course)  :-)

La Vie, L'Amour, Etre Hereux!


No comments:

Post a Comment