Friday, April 24, 2009

All You Gotta Do Is Say Yes (Where is Floetry by the way?)

I was leaving an event at church one night last week, a book club, meet the author style thing (check out Living With No Regrets by Anetra Wagner Piper; I just finished reading it...super good!), and the Coco Brother show was on Praise 92.1. He played the song "Yes" of whom I need to know who it, so I can buy it on iTunes. As the song was playing Coco Brother talked about what aren't we saying yes to (God, careers, relationships, kindness, love, etc.), and that all we really have to do is say yes God. I was so moved by the song and his words' it filled my heart so! It got me to thinking, since I've really opened my heart to God and committed myself to saying yes to whatever He has in His will for me, my life has improved immensely! True enough, things are far from perfect, but the joy in my heart and the peace of mind I have in spite of my circumstances is amazing!!

My experiences since consciously striving to walk in God's will, leaves me wondering why so many young people are hesitant to wholeheartedly say yes to God? I have friends (even ones I grew up with in church) who are resistant to trying things more God-centered (i.e. being open to forgiveness, coming to Sista2Sista, a church group for women 18-35, doing things besides hitting the club and getting drunk, and just finding a more positive outlook on everything in life); these same friends don't even call me much, unless they want something, of course. I just want them to see how much more fulfilled life can be, when they say yes! Don't get me wrong Lovelies, I still struggle with God on things (I totally need to study The Word more, to name one of the many things i need to work on, but I'm progressing). So, just know I am never coming from a judgemental stance. I just want everyone to experience the beauty of a daily relationship with God! And it is so simple; All we have to do is say yes! Yes, Lord I will follow You, strive to do Your will, sacrifice myself so that You may be glorified, and live in the joy, peace, and love that You bring! Easter passed a few weeks ago, and the meaning of the holiday never resonated so strongly with me than it did this year; God gave His son! Jesus sacrificed his life, for little me. Of course, I can say yes, and watch the beauty of God work in my life!!!!

Live, Love, Be Fabulous,

Quelle

No comments:

Post a Comment