Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What I Want Now: Straight/Slouchy Trousers


So I really want some straight/slouchy trousers, preferably in a cotton fabric.  I think they will be very flatterring, but not too tight like skinny trousers.  These pants would be cute with super cute high heels or to work, as a teacher, rolled with cute flats.  Unfortunately most of the straight/slouchy leg trousers I like are way out of my budget; I found a fabulous pair at H&M, but there si no H&M in Houston or Texas for that matter (the travesty!!!!).  I found a really lovely pair on 
net-a-porter.com by Alberta Feretti (way out of my budget right now), but here is how I would wear them to lunch or dinner with those of whom I love.

This gray color is perfect!!  Not too light or too dark.  Gray is an underrated neutral that we should wear more of.  The light high waist of these will hide my slowly growing pudge (an ab workout regimen is on its way, LOL)

This tank is simple, which is necessarly when wearing a trouser with some pleating (sidenote:  ladies who have some issues in the tummy area, avoid pants and shorts with pleating.  It can possibly make you look heavier; if that is your issue).  Plus a simple tank or top, leaves a clean palette for a statement necklace.
Those of you who know me, know I love pearls; they are so classic!  I really love the edginess of this necklace.  It still has the classic pearls but the looping and rhinestone pendant make it divine!!!  And it is only like 13 bucks at forever21!
I love a colored shoe; it adds interest an otherwise bland outfit, especially when there is no print in the pieces.  I like the platform, because they are more comfortable.  The combo of black, gray, and cobalt blue, is super chic and fab!!!

This is one of many outfits I would wear (minus a few accessories, that I probably already have) if I had those Alberta Ferretti slouchy/straight trousers in my wardrobe.  How would you wear these trousers or something similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment